HeaderRight and analytics

Pic of the Week

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Makeover

So our blog is getting a makeover!

It's very much a work in progress, and it's a good thing I have a brilliant programmer for a husband because it turned out to be more complicated than I thought to make the changes I wanted. Tomorrow we should finish getting content up and dud links cleaned out. Then I just have to figure out where I want everything and what to include, which is really the hardest part.

Cute kid tidbit: Lately when Ian doesn't want to go to bed or take a nap, he'll say, "I want to wake up!" which I think is way cuter than saying he doesn't want to go to bed.

Our trailer is fixed and should be ready to pick up tomorrow. Yippee!! On the downside, they didn't install our screen room and sound like they aren't going to. The guy I talked to sounded like this project had really eaten into his week and pushed his work way behind, so he was not at all interested in doing the screen room for us this week. Oh well, maybe we'll give it a try and hope the local dealer can fix our mistakes if we mess up.

I'm excited to have the trailer back. I have all sorts of things I'd like to start putting in it and it would be nice to see the amount of space I have available, rather than imagining that everything will fit.

We're starting to mentally explore options for if our house hasn't sold by June. I guess there are really three choices right now:

a) Hit the road anyway. This would be great because we are very excited to hit the road and the schedule works out the smoothest if we can leave by June 20th. The downside is that it could get expensive if our house doesn't sell soon.

b) Try to rent our house. This would eliminate the expense issue and would actually help us build a little equity while we're out, but then we do have the hassle of being absentee landlords and the potential expense of major repairs to the house.

c) Wait to hit the road. Our least favorite option, but if the house hasn't sold, it makes the most sense financially.

We still have over a month, so we're hoping we don't actually have to make a decision because the house sells in time. It sure would simplify things for us.

0 comments:

Based on original Visionary template by Justin Tadlock
Visionary Reloaded theme by Blogger Templates

Visionary WordPress Theme by Justin Tadlock Powered by Blogger, state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform