HeaderRight and analytics

Pic of the Week

Monday, September 21, 2009

Playdate

Today we spent the morning over at our friends' house. Ian and Eva had a blast together, and Sophie and Rinnah enjoyed chasing after the big kids. It was really nice and a little strange to be in a house again. I think the last time we were in a regular house was in Kansas City, way back in June. It's like college all over again to feel weird in a house. I think Ian thinks it's like a children's museum where you don't have to wait in line to play with the toys.

It was really nice to be able to relax and not have to spot the kids every 5 seconds since I knew they were somewhere safe. And I really enjoyed visiting with Amber. I think tomorrow we're going to take the kids to the park, as long as it's a bit warmer tomorrow morning. It was only about 50 degrees first thing this morning, although it warmed up to the high 70s by afternoon.

I think my sense of direction is getting better. I made it all the way to Amber's house today (only the 2nd time I've been there and first time I drove) making only one wrong turn, and that was turning the wrong way onto her street. And I even figured out how to get there a different way that avoided climbing the giant hill next to the RV park, thanks to taking a wrong turn on the way home from RiteAid yesterday. That made me proud, since I've always been a bit directionally dysfunctional. Frequent travel is definitely helping me improve.

0 comments:

Based on original Visionary template by Justin Tadlock
Visionary Reloaded theme by Blogger Templates

Visionary WordPress Theme by Justin Tadlock Powered by Blogger, state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform