HeaderRight and analytics

Pic of the Week

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Virginia

We've had such a nice week and a half here in Virginia. We've spent a lot of time with Debbie and her kids. They had us over for a cookout one night, and we went to the children's museum another day, and we've spent a few days just hanging out at her house. It's so wonderful to have a good friend who knew me well before kids, who now has kids similar ages and totally gets my mommy struggles too. And it's been great when we've spent the day together because our kids play pretty well together so we're able to visit, plus when one of us needs to make a phone call or switch the laundry the kids still have supervision.

I've been practicing my photography on her kids a little and that has been fun. Both her kids are gorgeous, and her daughter especially has been cooperative for some pictures. (A little M&M bribery may have helped! I feel like things are finally starting to come together with photography. For the last year, I've just been learning enough to see everything wrong with the pictures I'm taking but not enough to get them right. I still have a lot to learn, but now I can see a lot of things I'm doing right now too. It's so encouraging that all this time I've spent reading, studying, and practicing is starting to pay off! I've got a long way to go but I think I'm finally turning the corner. Here are a few shots I've gotten of Debbie's kids while we've been here:

From Virginia Beach, VA


From Virginia Beach, VA


From Lynchburg, VA


From Lynchburg, VA


From Lynchburg, VA


From Lynchburg, VA

0 comments:

Based on original Visionary template by Justin Tadlock
Visionary Reloaded theme by Blogger Templates

Visionary WordPress Theme by Justin Tadlock Powered by Blogger, state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform