HeaderRight and analytics

Pic of the Week

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Kansas

It has been sort of a whirlwind the last few days, but we've been making great progress on our driving. By Sunday night we made it to Oklahoma City, so we rested yesterday. The campground was only about a mile from the science museum, which turned out to be one of the best museums we have visited yet. It was really fantastic and interesting for the kids and for us, and not very crowded. Jeremy and I even got to ride a segway. We're already thinking about how we can work Oklahoma City back into our travels.

Today we drove up to Wichita and we'll be meeting up with our friend Holly tomorrow. She was out in Thailand at the same time as we were and Holly and I would go out for pizza together while we caught up on our grading. We're looking forward to seeing her tomorrow.

On a completely unrelated note, here are some recent conversations we've had with Ian. He's so funny lately, and I know there are lots more that our fleeting memories just forget, but these are a few we wrote down.

Me: “What’s your bear’s name? Does he have a name?”
Ian: “I think he’s Number One.”
Me: “That’s his name? Hi, Number One! Did he answer me?”
Ian: “No. He doesn’t talk.”

(at the playground)
Ian: “I’m putting rocks in my helmet!”
a few seconds later
Ian: (whining) “Ow! I have a rock in my helmet!”

(in the car)
Ian: whining
Me: “What’s wrong?”
Ian: “I want my eyes to stay open!”
A few seconds later, he falls asleep


And now a note from Ian:

HOLLYSCIENCEMUSEUMSINKBOXPRESENT

0 comments:

Based on original Visionary template by Justin Tadlock
Visionary Reloaded theme by Blogger Templates

Visionary WordPress Theme by Justin Tadlock Powered by Blogger, state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform